Welcome to the SNTC Bucks shared ride voucher program! We hope this makes transportation a little easier and less expensive for you. Please see below for important details.
This program is open to people with disabilities, as describe in the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). An individual with a disability is defined by the ADA as a person who has a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more major life activities, a person who has a history or record of such an impairment, or a person who is perceived by others as having such an impairment.
Individual participants will need a credit card and a smart phone to participate. At this time, the program is only available to people who do not need accessible transportation.
SNTC Bucks provides $40 digital Lyft gift cards to participants for the cost of $10. The intention of this program is to provide rides:
- For people traveling to and/or from the non-ADA service area, which is outside ¾ mile around the fixed bus route;
- For certain trips inside the ADA service area that are difficult on the fixed bus route (grocery shopping, laundry, traveling with children, etc.);
- For first/last mile trips (trips from the non-ADA service area to the nearest bus stop).
Program Process for Individuals:
- Interested person with a disability completes the online application form by clicking here: SNTC Bucks Application
- Participants can contact Amy at firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance, or to schedule an orientation where the Lyft app will be installed on the participant’s smart phone and the process of getting rides explained. Each participant may also register to become a member of the Neighbor Network of Northern Nevada (N4). N4 members can access additional rides, as well as other needed services, in the time exchange program. Go to the N4 website for more information.
- Participant pays $10 to SNTC by clicking the “buy now” button at the bottom of this page.
- $40 digital Lyft gift card will be sent to the participant’s email within two business days. Participant can open the email from their mobile phone, click on the Lyft gift card, and credits are automatically applied to the person’s Lyft app, or the person may copy the gift code listed in the email into the Lyft app manually.
- Participants may purchase up to 4 $40 Lyft gift cards per month, based on use and need. Participants may purchase all four vouchers on the same day in order to received a combined digital gift card of $160.
- Participants are required to respond to quarterly survey about satisfaction and increased independence.
SNTC Bucks is a new program and is subject to change based on participant feedback, usage and funding availability. We welcome your ideas for making the program better. For more information, contact SNTC at email@example.com or N4 at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please allow at least 2 business days to receive your vouchers.